Mary Berry’s Cocktail Sausages with Mango Chutney combines juicy baked mini sausages with sweet and spicy mango chutney for an easy yet impressive appetizer. In this guide, we’ll walk through how to make this delicious party snack step-by-step.
You’ll learn how to bake the savory pork sausages infused with herbs and prepare the fruity, tangy mango chutney from scratch. We’ll also cover tips for storing and serving this flavorful dish. With just a few simple steps, you can master Mary Berry’s recipe for cocktail sausages and chutney that brings together sweet and savory in perfect harmony.
What is Mary Berry Cocktail Sausages Mango Chutney?
Mary Berry’s cocktail sausages with mango chutney make for a delicious easy appetizer. The mini pork sausages are baked until browned and juicy. Their savory flavor is enhanced by classic herbs like thyme, sage, and parsley.
The sweet and spicy mango chutney provides a fruity contrast to the sausages. Made from ripe mangoes cooked down with vinegar, ginger, and spices, the chutney has a balance of sweetness and heat. Topping the baked sausages with a spoonful of the chutney adds tangy, spicy notes that pair perfectly with the juicy pork. The sweet-savory combo is a hit at parties and celebrations. In just a few simple steps, Mary Berry elevates cocktail sausages with this fresh, tasty twist.
Why You Should Make This Recipe
There are many reasons why you should make this Mary Berry cocktail sausages mango chutney:
- Simplicity: With basic kitchen tools like a baking tray, bowl, spoon, and toothpicks, you’re set. No advanced skills are required.
- Time-Efficient: A mere 20-minute baking time and a quick chutney coating is all it takes. Plus, it’s make-ahead friendly.
- Flavorful Experience: Expect a harmonious dance of sweet chutney, savory sausages, and a nutty sesame finish. A treat for the palate.
- Versatility: Pair it with a myriad of sauces, dips, or sides. From honey mustard to crackers and salads, it’s adaptable to any serving style.
- Cost-Effective: Choose any available cocktail sausages or mango chutney, or even craft your own chutney for potential savings.
To make this Mary Berry cocktail sausages mango chutney recipe, you will need the following ingredients:
- 36 cocktail sausages
- 4 tbsp of mango chutney
- 1 tbsp of nigella seeds
- 1 tbsp of sesame seeds
How to Make Mary Berry Cocktail Sausages Mango Chutney
To make this Mary Berry cocktail sausages mango chutney recipe, you will need to follow these steps:
- Preheat your oven to 200°C (180°C fan) or gas mark 6. Line a baking tray with parchment paper or spray it with cooking spray.
- Arrange the cocktail sausages on the prepared baking tray in a single layer. Bake them for about 20 minutes or until they are cooked through and golden.
- In a small bowl, stir together the mango chutney and the nigella seeds. If your mango chutney is too thick, you can add some water to thin it out.
- When the sausages are done, transfer them to a large bowl and toss them with the mango chutney mixture until they are well coated.
- Sprinkle the sesame seeds over the sausages and toss them again to distribute them evenly.
- Transfer the sausages to a serving platter and insert toothpicks into each one for easy picking.
- Enjoy your appetizer while it is hot or at room temperature.
Pro Tips to Make Perfect Cocktail Sausages Mango Chutney
Here are some tips and tricks for making this Mary Berry cocktail sausages mango chutney recipe:
- Choice of Sausages: While you have the freedom to choose any cocktail sausages, be mindful of their fat content. Fattier sausages might reduce the baking time, while leaner ones might take a tad longer.
- Experiment with Chutneys: Don’t limit yourself to mango chutney. Consider trying apricot, pineapple, cranberry, or even apple chutney. Making a homemade version by simmering fruits with sugar, vinegar, and spices is also an option.
- Boost the Flavor Profile: Elevate this dish by adding diverse ingredients. Think chopped nuts for crunch, dried fruits for sweetness, or even cheese and bacon for a savory twist. Fresh herbs can also provide an aromatic lift.
- Spice It Up: Nigella and sesame seeds are just the beginning. Explore spices like cumin, coriander, or even garam masala to tailor the dish to your palate.
How to Serve Mary Berry Cocktail Sausages Mango Chutney?
There are many ways to serve this Mary Berry cocktail sausages mango chutney recipe:
- Appetizer Serving: This dish can be the star of your appetizer table. Complement it with a range of dips, from ketchup and mustard to yogurt sauce or a tangy honey mustard.
- Snack Serving: Pair the sausages with an array of breads, crunchy crackers, fresh salads, or fruits for a delightful snack spread.
- Main Course Serving: Transform it into a hearty main by serving alongside rice, couscous, quinoa, or even noodles.
- Pair with Proteins: These sausages also make for a great accompaniment with roasted meats such as chicken, turkey, ham, or pork.
How to Store Mary Berry Cocktail Sausages Mango Chutney
To store Mary Berry cocktail sausages with mango chutney, you will need to follow these steps:
- Store the leftover sausages in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- Reheat the sausages in a microwave-safe dish on high for 1 minute or until warm, stirring once halfway. Alternatively, you can reheat them in a preheated oven at 180°C (160°C fan) or gas mark 4 for 10 minutes or until warm.
- Enjoy your reheated appetizer with your favorite sauce or dip.
How to Reheat Mary Berry Cocktail Sausages Mango Chutney
To reheat Mary Berry cocktail sausages with mango chutney, you will need to follow these steps:
- Transfer the amount of sausages you want to reheat to a microwave-safe bowl or a small saucepan.
- Microwave the sausages on high for 30 seconds or until warm, stirring once halfway. Or heat the sausages over low-medium heat on the stovetop, stirring occasionally until warm.
- Enjoy your reheated appetizer with your favorite food.
How many cocktail sausages do I need for a party?
The number of cocktail sausages you need for a party depends on how many guests you have and how much other food you are serving. A general rule of thumb is to allow 3 to 4 cocktail sausages per person. However, you can adjust this number according to your preference and budget.
Can I make cocktail sausages and mango chutney ahead of time?
Yes, you can make cocktail sausages mango chutney ahead of time, and store them in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. You can also freeze them for up to 6 months. To reheat them, you can microwave them on high for 1 minute or until warm, stirring once halfway. Or you can bake them in a preheated oven at 180°C (160°C fan) or gas mark 4 for 10 minutes or until warm.
Other Mary Berry Chutney Recipes
- Apple Chutney Recipe Mary Berry
- Mary Berry Green Tomato Chutney
- Mary Berry Plum Chutney
- Mary Berry Runner Bean Chutney
I hope you enjoyed this article on how to make this Mary Berry cocktail sausages mango chutney recipe. This appetizer is a simple and delicious way to use cocktail sausages and mango chutney. It is easy to make, quick to bake, and tasty to eat. You can serve it with various sauces and dips or use it in different ways. You can also customize it with your own ingredients and spices.
If you have any questions or comments about this recipe, feel free to leave them below. I would love to hear from you and help you out. Thank you for reading and happy cooking!