There’s nothing quite like the smell of apples, cinnamon, and pastry baking on a crisp autumn day. Welcome to my kitchen, where I’m whipping up a simple yet mouthwatering Mary Berry Apple Frangipane Tart. Juicy apples nestled in an almond cream filling over a buttery biscuit crust – this easy dessert comes together in no time. It’s the perfect cozy treat for family dinners or leisurely weekends. The layers of flavors and textures will satisfy your cravings and comfort your soul. I can’t wait for you to try this tart – your home will be filled with happiness as it bakes.
Now, let’s get started!
What is Mary Berry’s Apple Frangipane Tart Recipe?
Mary Berry Apple Frangipane Tart Recipe is a delicious dessert that combines a crunchy biscuit base, a creamy almond filling, and juicy apple slices. It is easy to make and perfect for any occasion. You can serve it warm or cold, with whipped cream, ice cream, or custard.
Other Mary Berry Recipes
Why You Love this Recipe
Mary Berry’s Apple Frangipane Tart is a beloved recipe for several reasons:
- Ease of Preparation: This tart is both simple and quick to make, requiring minimal ingredients and straightforward steps.
- Delightful Texture and Flavor: It offers a delightful interplay of textures—from the crispness of the biscuit base to the softness of the almond filling, complemented by the tenderness of the apple slices.
- Customizable to Taste: The recipe is highly adaptable, allowing you to choose from various apple types, biscuits, and nuts to create a tart that suits your personal flavor preferences.
- Aesthetically Pleasing and Delicious: Beyond its elegant appearance, the tart impresses with its exquisite taste, making it a perfect choice for both casual and special occasions.
This tart is not just a treat for the palate but also a feast for the eyes, ensuring that each baking experience is both enjoyable and rewarding.
Ingredients Needed to Make Mary Berry Apple Frangipane Tart:
- 175g (6oz) digestive biscuits
- 75g (3oz) butter
- 200g (7oz) Bramley apples
- 75g (3oz) butter, softened
- 75g (3oz) caster sugar
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 75g (3oz) ground almonds
- 1 tsp almond extract
- 50g (1¾oz) flaked almonds
- 2 tbsp apricot jam
- Icing sugar, for dusting
- A 20cm (8in) round, loose-bottomed fluted tart tin with 3-4cm (1¼-1½ in) sides
- A food processor
- A rolling pin
- A small saucepan
- A pastry brush
Instructions to Make Mary Berry Apple Frangipane Tart:
Here is how to make it: