Today, I’m going to share with you a delicious recipe for salted caramel cheesecake, inspired by the famous British baker Mary Berry. This recipe is easy to follow, and the result is a heavenly cake that will satisfy your sweet tooth and impress your guests.
What is Salted Caramel Cheesecake?
Salted caramel cheesecake is a decadent dessert that combines a crunchy biscuit base, a creamy cheesecake filling, and a gooey salted caramel topping. The contrast between the sweet and salty flavors, and the smooth and crunchy textures, makes this cake irresistible and addictive.
What is Salted Caramel Cheesecake Mary Berry
Why You Should Try Salted Caramel Cheesecake Mary Berry
There are many reasons why you should try this recipe, but here are some of the main ones:
- It’s easy to make. You don’t need any special equipment or skills to make this cake. All you need are some basic ingredients, a food processor, a springform cake tin, and a fridge.
- It’s no-bake. You don’t have to worry about baking the cheesecake in a water bath or preventing cracks on the surface. The cheesecake is set in the fridge, and the caramel sauce is made in a saucepan.
- It’s versatile. You can customize this recipe to suit your preferences and occasions. You can use different types of biscuits for the base, such as graham crackers, Oreos, or shortbread. You can also add some nuts, chocolate chips, or fresh fruits to the filling or the topping.
- It’s delicious. This goes without saying, but this cake is truly scrumptious. The salted caramel sauce is rich and smooth, the cheesecake filling is light and fluffy, and the biscuit base is buttery and crunchy. Every bite is a delight for your taste buds.
Ingredients Needed to Make Salted Caramel Cheesecake
To make this salted caramel cheesecake, you’ll need the following ingredients:
For the base:
- 250g digestive biscuits
- 125g unsalted butter, melted
- 2 tbsp salted caramel sauce
For the filling:
- 750g full-fat soft cheese
- 2 tbsp salted caramel sauce
- 3 tbsp icing sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
For the topping:
- 150g granulated sugar
- 75g unsalted butter, cubed
- 120ml double cream
- 1/2 tsp sea salt flakes
- Some chocolate-covered malted milk balls, chopped
- Some chocolate-covered honeycomb, chopped
How to Make Salted Caramel Cheesecake Mary Berry
To make this salted caramel cheesecake, follow these simple steps:
Step 1: Make the Base
- Tip the digestive biscuits into a food processor and pulse to fine crumbs. Pour in the melted butter and caramel sauce and pulse again until damp and sandy.
- Tip the mixture into a 20cm springform cake tin and use a spoon to press it into an even layer in the base of the tin. Chill for 30 minutes.
Step 2: Make the Filling
- In a large bowl, whisk together the soft cheese, salted caramel sauce, icing sugar, and vanilla extract until smooth and creamy.
- Spoon the filling over the chilled base and spread it evenly with a spatula. Chill for at least 4 hours, or overnight, until set.
Step 3: Make the Topping
- In a small saucepan over medium-high heat, cook the sugar, stirring occasionally, until it melts and turns amber in color. Be careful not to burn it.
- Add the butter and stir until melted and combined. Slowly pour in the cream and stir until smooth. Bring the mixture to a boil and cook for a few minutes, until slightly thickened.
- Stir in the salt flakes and remove from the heat. Let the caramel sauce cool slightly before using.
- Drizzle the caramel sauce over the cheesecake and sprinkle with the chopped chocolates. Cut into slices and enjoy.
Nutrition value: Per serving (10 slices), approximately
- Calories: 435 to 497 kcal
- Fat: 26 to 38 g
- Saturates: 16 to 23 g
- Carbs: 31 to 41 g
- Sugars: 19 to 31 g
- Fibre: 1 g
- Protein: 6 to 9 g
- Salt: 0.7 to 1.1 g
Frequently Asked Questions
Here are some frequently asked questions about salted caramel cheesecake, and their answers:
How do I cut salted caramel cheesecake?
To cut salted caramel cheesecake neatly, use a sharp knife dipped in hot water and wipe dry between each slice. This will prevent the cheesecake from sticking to the knife and make clean cuts.
Can I make salted caramel cheesecake in advance?
Yes, you can make salted caramel cheesecake in advance and keep it in the fridge or freezer until ready to serve. Just make sure to add the toppings right before serving, as they may lose their crunch or melt if stored for too long.
Salted caramel cheesecake is a delicious dessert that is easy to make and perfect for any occasion. It has a crunchy biscuit base, a creamy cheesecake filling, and a gooey salted caramel topping, with some chocolate bits for extra crunch and flavor. It’s a no-bake recipe that only requires a few simple ingredients and steps. You can customize it to your liking and make it ahead of time. It’s a crowd-pleaser that will impress your family and friends. Try it today and let me know what you think. I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as I do.