If you’re looking for a delicious and easy cheesecake recipe, you can’t go wrong with Jamie Oliver’s Baileys cheesecake. This cheesecake is made with Baileys Irish Cream, biscuits, mascarpone, sugar, eggs, melted butter, vanilla extract, and chocolate. It has a creamy and smooth filling, a crunchy and buttery crust, and a rich and decadent chocolate sauce. It’s the perfect dessert for any occasion, whether it’s a birthday, a holiday, or a cozy night in.
In this guide, I will show you how to make Jamie Oliver’s Baileys cheesecake, step by step. I will also give you some tips and tricks on how to make the best cheesecake ever and answer some frequently asked questions about this recipe.
Let’s get started!
What is Jamie Oliver Bailey’s Cheesecake Recipe?
Jamie Oliver Baileys cheesecake recipe is a delicious and easy dessert that combines Baileys Irish Cream, biscuits, mascarpone, sugar, eggs, melted butter, vanilla extract, and chocolate. It has a creamy and smooth filling, a crunchy and buttery crust, and a rich and decadent chocolate sauce. It’s the perfect dessert for any occasion, whether it’s a birthday, a holiday, or a cozy night in.
- Related: Mary Berry Baileys Cheesecake
Why You Love this Recipe
Here are some reasons why you will love this recipe:
- It’s easy to make, with only a few simple ingredients and steps.
- It’s indulgent and satisfying, with a wonderful balance of flavors and textures.
- It’s versatile and adaptable, as you can use different flavors of Baileys, biscuits, or chocolate to suit your taste.
- It’s impressive and elegant, as it looks and tastes like a professional cheesecake from a bakery.
Ingredients Needed to Make Jamie Oliver Baileys Cheesecake
To make Jamie Oliver’s Baileys cheesecake, you will need the following ingredients:
- 15cl Baileys Irish Cream
- 400g Biscuit (s) sablé (s)
- 500g Mascarpone
- 140g Sugar
- 3 Eggs
- 60g Melted Butter
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- Chocolate Sauce
You can use any type of biscuits you like, such as digestive, graham crackers, or Oreos. You can also use cream cheese instead of mascarpone if you prefer. For the chocolate sauce, you can either make your own or use a store-bought one.
To make Jamie Oliver’s Baileys cheesecake, you will need the following equipment:
- A springform pan
- A large bowl
- A hand mixer
- A food processor or a rolling pin
- A large baking sheet
- A spatula
- A knife
- A measuring cup and spoons
- A wire rack
- A saucepan or a microwave
Instructions to Make Jamie Oliver Baileys Cheesecake
Here are the instructions on how to make Jamie Oliver’s Baileys cheesecake, step by step:
Step 1: Preheat your oven and prepare your crust
- Preheat your oven to 180°C (350°F).
- Crush 400g of biscuits in a food processor or a ziplock bag with a rolling pin, until you have fine crumbs.
- Transfer the crumbs to a large bowl and add 60g of melted butter. Mix well until the mixture resembles wet sand.
- Press the mixture into the bottom and up the sides of a springform pan. You can use the bottom of a glass or a measuring cup to help you press it evenly and firmly.
- Bake the crust for 5 minutes in the preheated oven, then let it cool completely on a wire rack.
- Lower the oven temperature to 120°C (250°F).
Step 2: Make your filling and bake your cheesecake
- In a large bowl, using a hand mixer, beat 500g of mascarpone and 140g of sugar until completely smooth and fluffy.
- Add 3 eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Add 15cl of Baileys Irish Cream and 1 tsp of vanilla extract. Beat until well combined.
- Pour the filling over the cooled crust and smooth the top with a spatula.
- Place the springform pan on a large baking sheet and bake the cheesecake for 1 hour in the oven, or until the center is only slightly jiggly.
- Turn off the oven and leave the cheesecake inside for another hour, with the door slightly ajar. This will help prevent the cheesecake from cracking and sinking.
- Remove the cheesecake from the oven and let it cool completely on a wire rack.
- Refrigerate the cheesecake for at least 8 hours, or preferably overnight, before serving.
Step 3: Garnish your cheesecake and enjoy
- Before serving, run a knife around the edge of the springform pan and release the cheesecake from the pan.
- Transfer the cheesecake to a serving plate or a cake stand.
- Drizzle some chocolate sauce over the cheesecake, or serve it on the side.
- Cut into slices and enjoy your Jamie Oliver’s Baileys cheesecake!
What Do I Serve With Jamie Oliver Baileys Cheesecake?
Jamie Oliver Baileys cheesecake is a rich and decadent dessert, so you might want to serve it with something light and refreshing to balance it out. Here are some suggestions:
- Fresh fruit, such as strawberries, raspberries, blueberries, or kiwi. You can also make a fruit salad or a fruit coulis to go with the cheesecake.
- Whipped cream, to add some extra creaminess and sweetness to the cheesecake. You can also flavor the whipped cream with some Baileys, vanilla, or cinnamon.
- Ice cream, to add some cold and smooth contrast to the cheesecake. You can choose any flavor you like, such as vanilla, chocolate, or caramel.
- Coffee or tea, to complement the flavor of the Baileys and the chocolate. You can also add some Baileys to your coffee or tea for a boozy twist.
Pro Tips to Make Jamie Oliver Baileys Cheesecake
Here are some pro tips to make Jamie Oliver Bailey cheesecake even better:
- Use a springform pan, as it will make it easier to release the cheesecake from the pan and slice it neatly.
- Line the bottom and sides of the springform pan with parchment paper, to prevent the crust from sticking and to make the cleanup easier.
- Wrap the bottom and sides of the springform pan with aluminum foil, to prevent any water from seeping into the cheesecake during the baking process.
- Place a pan of hot water on the bottom rack of the oven, to create some steam and moisture that will help the cheesecake bake evenly and prevent cracking.
- Let the cheesecake cool gradually, first in the oven, then on a wire rack, and then in the fridge, to avoid any sudden temperature changes that can cause cracking or sinking.
- Run a knife around the edge of the springform pan before releasing the cheesecake, to loosen it and prevent any cracks or tears.
Variations of Jamie Oliver Baileys Cheesecake
You can make some variations of Jamie Oliver Baileys cheesecake by changing some of the ingredients or adding some toppings.
Here are some ideas:
- Use different flavors of Baileys, such as salted caramel, chocolate luxe, or coffee, to give your cheesecake a different flavor and color.
- Use different types of biscuits, such as digestive, graham crackers, or Oreos, to give your crust a different flavor and texture.
- Use cream cheese instead of mascarpone, if you want a more tangy and dense cheesecake.
- Add some chopped nuts, such as walnuts, pecans, or almonds, to the crust or the filling, to give your cheesecake some crunch and nuttiness.
- Add some chocolate chips, chunks, or shavings, to the filling or the topping, to give your cheesecake some extra chocolatey goodness.
- Add some caramel sauce, toffee bits, or sea salt flakes, to the topping or the drizzle, to give your cheesecake some caramel flavor and contrast.
How do I store Jamie Oliver Baileys Cheesecake Leftovers?
If you have any leftovers of Jamie Oliver Baileys cheesecake, you can store them in the fridge or the freezer. Here’s how:
In the fridge
- Cover the cheesecake with plastic wrap or aluminum foil, or place it in an airtight container, to prevent it from drying out or absorbing any odors from the fridge.
- Store the cheesecake in the fridge for up to 5 days, or until the expiration date of the ingredients used.
- Enjoy the cheesecake cold, or let it sit at room temperature for about 15 minutes before serving, to soften it slightly.
In the freezer
- Wrap the cheesecake tightly in plastic wrap and then in aluminum foil, to prevent freezer burn and protect the flavor and texture of the cheesecake.
- Label the cheesecake with the date and the name of the recipe, to keep track of how long it has been in the freezer.
- Store the cheesecake in the freezer for up to 3 months, or until the quality starts to decline.
- Thaw the cheesecake in the fridge overnight, or on the counter for a few hours, before serving.
- Garnish the cheesecake with some chocolate sauce, or any other toppings you like, after thawing.
How do I reheat Jamie Oliver Baileys Cheesecake Leftovers?
If you want to reheat Jamie Oliver Bailey cheesecake leftovers, you can do so in the microwave or the oven. Here’s how:
In the microwave
- Cut a slice of cheesecake and place it on a microwave-safe plate.
- Microwave the cheesecake for about 10 to 15 seconds, or until it is slightly warm, but not hot.
- Be careful not to overheat the cheesecake, as it can melt or curdle.
- Enjoy the cheesecake with some chocolate sauce, or any other toppings you like.
In the oven
- Preheat your oven to 150°C (300°F).
- Cut a slice of cheesecake and place it on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake the cheesecake for about 5 to 10 minutes, or until it is slightly warm, but not hot.
- Be careful not to overbake the cheesecake, as it can dry out or burn.
- Enjoy the cheesecake with some chocolate sauce, or any other toppings you like.
How do I prevent cracks in Baileys cheesecake?
Cracks in Baileys cheesecake are caused by overmixing, overbaking, or sudden temperature changes. To prevent cracks in Baileys cheesecake, you can follow these tips:
- Don’t overmix the filling, as this can introduce air bubbles that can cause cracks. Mix just until everything is well combined and smooth.
- Don’t overbake the cheesecake, as this can make it dry and dense. The cheesecake is done when the center is still a bit wobbly, but the edges are set. It will continue to cook and set as it cools in the oven and in the fridge.
- Don’t open the oven door while the cheesecake is baking, as this can cause sudden temperature changes that can also cause cracks. Use the oven light to check on the cheesecake if needed.
- Don’t skip the cooling and chilling steps, as they are essential for the cheesecake to set and develop its flavor and texture. The cheesecake will be much easier to slice and serve after it has been refrigerated for at least 8 hours.
- If your cheesecake does crack, don’t worry, you can still cover it up with some chocolate sauce, whipped cream, or fresh berries. No one will notice, and it will still taste amazing.
The nutrition value of Bailey’s cheesecake per serving (62.5 g) is as follows:
- Calories: 194 kcal
- Carbs: 17.3 g
- Fat: 12.4 g
- Protein: 3.4 g
- Sodium: 0.1 mg
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
- Vitamin A: 0 %
- Vitamin C: 0 %
- Calcium: 0 %
- Iron: 0 %
Frequently Asked Questions
Here are some frequently asked questions about Jamie Oliver’s Baileys cheesecake recipe:
Can I use other flavors of Baileys?
Yes, you can use other flavors of Baileys, such as salted caramel, chocolate luxe, or coffee, to make your cheesecake. Just replace the original Baileys with the same amount of your preferred flavor. You can also experiment with other liqueurs, such as Kahlua, Amaretto, or Frangelico, for a different twist.
Can I freeze Baileys cheesecake?
Yes, you can freeze Baileys cheesecake for up to 3 months. To freeze Baileys cheesecake, wrap it tightly in plastic wrap and then in aluminum foil, to prevent freezer burn. Then place it in the freezer. To thaw, simply place the frozen cheesecake in the refrigerator overnight, and then garnish and serve as usual.
Can Bailey’s cheesecake get me drunk?
No, Baileys cheesecake can’t make you drunk. This is because most of the alcohol in the Baileys evaporates during the baking process, leaving only the flavor behind. So, you can enjoy Baileys cheesecake without worrying about getting tipsy.
How do I make a chocolate sauce for Baileys cheesecake?
There are different ways to make a chocolate sauce for Bailey’s cheesecake, but one of the easiest methods is to use a microwave. Here’s how:
- Chop some chocolate into small pieces, or use chocolate chips. You can use any type of chocolate you like, such as milk, dark, or white.
- Place the chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl and add some cream. You can also add some butter, sugar, or vanilla for extra flavor.
- Microwave the chocolate and cream mixture for about 15 to 30 seconds, or until the chocolate is melted. Stir well until smooth and glossy.
- Drizzle the chocolate sauce over the cheesecake, or serve it on the side. Enjoy!
Can I make Bailey’s cheesecake without mascarpone?
Yes, you can make Baileys cheesecake without mascarpone, if you can’t find it or don’t like it. You can use cream cheese instead, as it has a similar texture and flavor to mascarpone. However, cream cheese is more tangy and dense than mascarpone, so you might want to adjust the amount of sugar and Baileys in the recipe accordingly. Alternatively, you can use ricotta cheese, which is lighter and creamier than cream cheese, but still has a mild flavor.
What kind of biscuits should I use for Baileys cheesecake crust?
You can use any kind of biscuits you like for Bailey’s cheesecake crust, as long as they are dry and crunchy. Some of the most popular choices are digestive biscuits, graham crackers, or Oreos. Digestive biscuits and graham crackers have a neutral and buttery flavor, while Oreos have a chocolate and cream flavor. You can also experiment with other types of biscuits, such as ginger snaps, shortbread, or amaretti, for a different flavor and texture.
I hope you enjoyed this guide on how to make Jamie Oliver’s Baileys cheesecake, a complete step-by-step guide. This cheesecake is a delicious and easy dessert that will impress your guests and satisfy your sweet tooth. It’s also a great way to use up any leftover Baileys you might have from the holidays. Try it out and let me know what you think!
If you liked this recipe, please share it with your friends and family, and don’t forget to check out my other recipes on my food blog. I’m always happy to hear from you, so feel free to leave me a comment or a question below. Thank you for reading, and happy baking!
Prep time: The prep time for Bailey's cheesecake is about 20 minutes, plus 8 hours or overnight for chilling12. This includes the time for crushing the biscuits, making the crust, making the filling, and garnishing the cheesecake. Cooking time: The cooking time for Bailey's cheesecake is about 1 hour and 5 minutes, plus another hour for cooling in the oven. This includes the time for baking the crust, baking the cheesecake, and making the chocolate sauce.